Wednesday 10 June 2015

Halal Issue in Herbalife


I was sceptical about the Halal status of Herbalife before. I wonder doesn’t people really care about what they are eating. As a Muslim, Halal issue should be addressed seriously especially when it comes to the processed food as we had no idea about the sources of additives that gone into the food. 

I even had my second thought upon buying the diet programme set because on the night before my purchase, I tried to find some sources in the internet about their Halal status but, none was promising. 

So I browsed through the INFANCA website to check it myself. IFANCA which stands for Islamic Food and Nutrition Council of America is the established body that certifies the Halal status for any food, beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care products that are manufactured in USA which is quite similar to JAKIM in Malaysia. IFANCA is also one of the international bodies that is recognised by JAKIM. 


It was a relieved to see the herbalife’s products were listed and Halal certified. So no more beeing judgemental and sceptical on Herbalife.


3 comments:

  1. Careful. Not all Herbalife products are Halaal. Products like the protein bars contain gelatin/collagen from sources unknown. Accordingly, on my website (www.shopwellness.co.za) we personally warn Muslim consumers

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a kosher certificate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the products myself all Herbalife products are halal the gelatin is not sourced from pork so it is halal and they are Kosher certified as well so it can be a comfort to know that pork is not used Noir alcohol nor any of the Haram substances that Muslims cannot consume

    ReplyDelete