Sunday 20 November 2016

Emceeing!

This is my second time emceeing for the International Postgraduate Conference for Science and Mathematics in UPSI. The event was organized by the Faculty of Science and Mathematics, UPSI. About a month earlier, Puan Reen had contacted me and offered me the job. I was quite surprised then, but still, I said to myself, why not. 

I then contacted my emcee partner, Shikin and she agreed as well. Though few incidents happened, Shikin managed to reach UPSI the night before the event. We even had our dinner at Sarang Art Hub, a best kept secret restaurant owned by Mamat Khalid - and luckily, Mamat Khalid was around that night. That was my first time seeing Mamat Khalid in person. 

On Saturday, the IPCSM event went smoothly just like last year. As usual, Puan Reen prepared the text for us, which made our job a lot easier. We also were given some token by Puan Reen. Thanks a lot for that. I also would like to thank her and those involved for giving me this second opportunity of standing on the same stage. 

Next year, I am planning to present my own paper during the event if I am not selected for an emcee. | MHM

No comments:

Post a Comment