Tuesday 5 November 2013

How to Address Lecturers

Being a graduate from IPG did really challenge me. I still remember how awkward I was, on my first day here during the registration day. Luckily, I met a new friend, a guy, whom had taught me one of the basic things to know in university’s life – how to address the lecturers. During my years in IPG, I never had worked with professors. In our department (of Science), we only had just one PhD holder, whom we had a very difficult time addressing him (Dr. Yazid) as we usually slipped out “Encik” instead of “Doctor”.

The guy had told me that there are proper ways to address the lecturers, which are;

Master – Encik/Puan/Sir/Madam
PhD – Doctor
Associate Professor – Doctor
Professor – Prof

So, fellow newly IPG graduates, please take note on this, as it is very helpful when you want to further your study in the future.

#sayarusamasukkampung

hafizm88

No comments:

Post a Comment