Monday 14 May 2018

KOMTEP Selection Camp 2018 | Day 01

Day 01.

Arrived at BTPN Negeri Sembilan which is situated in Port Dickson. I took me about two hours to reach here. The place was fine. A bit quiete and serenity needless to say. Soon I parked my car, my second thought went across my mind. Am I really going to do this? Ah, lantaklah! Dah sampai pon. Registered at the reception counter. Greeted by an elderly officer. Then, I went through the participants list to check my room number and my room mate. Saif. Hmm...okay. He’s quite prominent in the Telegram group. Let’s see how things work. Got my key. Headed straight to the room. Unpacked my bag. Laid in the bed. *Blank* I fell asleep.

Knock3x.

Here come my room mate. We self-introduced each other. He seemed to look like a nice guy. But too soon to judge a book by its cover. Small chats. Then went back to sleep.

The alarm clock rang. Showered. Got myself ready. Performed the Jama’ prayer. Then went straight to the meeting room. We were five minutes late. So good for the first impression isn’t it? Great!!

All facilitators were waiting in the room. And reminding us of the punctuality throughout the camp was their first ever reminder. Terasa. Then, as of how any program or camp should start, we had an ice-breaking session. Played a few games. After sort of knowing each other’s name, we moved on to the next session.

Project proposal presentation. Everybody presented their project proposal intended to be carried out in Korea. All of them were AMAZING. Nazrul, one of the participants aka my new friend were lauded for his impressive ideas. He even won the best project proposal so far. Okay. One spot to go to Korea was gone, which left to 9 more. Then came the fluently English speaking presenters, Ibrahim, Saif, Aliya, Fuzzy etc. And very well prepared project proposals by Michelle, Hanafi, Suhaimi, Farid, Siti Lina, Tracey, etc. Which leaves nothing. Great.

The presentation session lasted for five hours from 4.00 pm until 8.00 pm. Patah pinggang. Around 9.00 pm we had the critic session where the facilitators and the speakers gave their feedback and comment about our project and some sort of brain-washing us to set our head straight to the objective of the programme.

That was when I started to realize that the programme was not a joke. Dr. Ghazali reminded us that we are not going to Korea for such vacation neither as a tourist. Instead, we will be the small ambassadors who will be representing Malaysia and carrying the big name of Malaysia on our shoulders. The gate is always open. He said. Feel free to go whenever you feel you do not fit to the programme.

Apa yang aku buat kat sini? Wouldn’t it be too late for me to go back now? Seriously I am not ready for all this. With all the pressure and tiredness - mentally and physically, I should’ve instead stayed at school happily and be with the kids. What I needed at the moment was some sleep. Some deep, deep sleep...

HM

No comments:

Post a Comment